Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

From a father, to his daughter

Dear daughter,
I know its not easy, to be a strong independent woman in a world that constantly tries to pull you down. I see it, the struggle that you go through, the troubles that you hide. I see it and I keep quiet anyway, because I know you will walk out of these hurdles with your head held high. I didn't just raise a daughter, I raised a fighter. I know how easy it is for the world to judge you every time you don't match their notion of how a woman should be. Some people will have troubles with the way you dress, some with the way you talk, some with the friends you make and some even with the life decisions you take. Everytime you do something for your own self, you'll find someone nodding their head in disapproval. Take my advise, and ignore them all. Standing behind you is the man who has more faith in your choices than you do in your own self, and that is all that matters. There is only one person guaranteed to live with you, and that's you, so make sure you find your own happiness first. You'll never be able to make evryone happy, you absolutely dont have to. You weren't put on this earth to please people, you were born to make the most of the life you were given. Make sure you do justice to that.
You will make mistakes, you'll make a lot of them. As long as you learn your lessons from them, know that you are on the right track. I'll be scared everytime you take a bold decision, but I'll also hold on to my faith in your strength. No matter how scary it looks to you and me, I want you to break barriers that hold you down, and find freedom outside your comfort zone. Be the best version of yourself and never, I repeat, never apologise for being who you are. Take pride in the wonderful woman you have grown into.
With nerves of steel and a heart of gold, you're a woman any man would be lucky to have by his side. Make sure you chose the right one, the one who sees you for who you are and gives you the same love that I do. With love comes respect, and if you find a man that gives you both, you'll know you chose the right one. It's not easy though, to spot a gem in a world where crystals shine brighter than diamonds, but since you've come a long way already, you'll be wise enough to give your heart to the one who deserves it. If ever you do find yourself with someone who thinks that you're lesser than him, or anybody else, leave. Without a second thought, leave. You deserve to spend your life with someone who makes you feel that you're the best in the world, at least in his world. A few years later when you raise your children, make sure you lead them by example. Let your daughter learn that she can turn into a terrific woman and handle life like a boss, just like you do. Let your son learn to respect women by the kind of respect you rightfully earn. That's the beauty women hold, they have the power to mould and inspire the ones around them, just by being the best version of themselves.
Life will never stop throwing curve balls your way. Woman up, take your sword and be your own knight in shining armor. Walk out of your troubles with grit and grace. When its time to go, all that matters is how strongly you held on to your right to live a splendid, crazy, beautiful life and how well you smiled through it all.
Promise me you'll never leave your own side, no matter what life demands from you. Remember, you have me too by your side. Always!
Love,
Your proud father

No comments: