Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Growing up is over rated!

No one ever told me that  growing up is over rated
They just smiled, when in a hurry to grow up my childhood I wasted
They didn't speak of friends falling apart
They didn't speak of people who would break my heart
They didn't tell me freedom can be suffocating
They didn't  tell me responsibilities will cut my wings
They didn't  talk of dreams dying slowly
They didn't   talk of the disappointments I was yet to see
They didn't mention fear and pain
They didn't  mention the tears I would soon hide in rain
They hid from me the secrets of a mundane life ahead 
They hid from me the monsters that would reside in my head
They lied about insecurities I would soon feel
They lied about wounds that would never heal
They showed me a different world
Different from this one, so heartless and cold
And when I complained seeing the unexpected and cried
They laughed saying I need to grow up and keep the immaturity aside!

No comments: